We use cookies to understand how you use our site and improve your experience. Privacy Policy

Posted by fragtastic on 10/06/2026 · 1 replies

Now that both cards actually feel like products you can find without doing refresh-warrior nonsense, I think this is finally a fair question.

The official pricing gap is big enough to matter. The 5070 starts at $549 and the 5070 Ti starts at $749, so we are not talking about pocket change. The Ti gives you more headroom and 16GB, which is the part that keeps dragging me back to it. The regular 5070 feels much easier to justify if you are being disciplined, but the Ti looks like the safer buy if you want the card to age more gracefully.

If you were building a 1440p machine right now and planned to keep the GPU for a few years, which direction would you go?

Replies

streamcore

10/06/2026

The extra memory is what makes the Ti hard to ignore for me. I hate paying the premium, but I hate the idea of second-guessing the card in two years even more.