We use cookies to understand how you use our site and improve your experience. Privacy Policy

Posted by fragtastic on 26/03/2025 · 27 replies

Looking to upgrade from my 1440p 165Hz panel. The extra frames should help in competitive shooters.

Currently considering:

- Dell S2722DGM - $299 (VA, curved)

- LG 27GP850-B - $349 (IPS)

- ASUS VG27AQ1A - $329 (IPS)

Anyone have experience with these or other recommendations? I play mostly Valorant and Apex, but I also enjoy single-player games so I don't want terrible picture quality.

Replies

streamcore

26/03/2025

I use the LG 27GP850 for streaming and it's excellent. Fast response times, great colors, and the IPS glow is minimal on mine. The only downside is the stand - it's wobbly. Get a monitor arm.

renderqueen

26/03/2025

Skip the VA panel for competitive gaming. The pixel response times are noticeably worse in fast motion compared to IPS. For your use case, IPS is the way to go.